Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cheap cloth diapers

I need to have cheap but good cloth diaper, and I received an email from a Malaysia website selling, its prices were unbelivable, at a fraction of what you would get from local malls. About 30% savings and its baby slings about 50% savings, after all, there is lots more things we need to spend on for the next few years, so a little savings is appreciated. I bought 9 and 18 inserts.

The delivery took 1 day to reach my house from Malaysia, and after 3 machine washes, I started cloth diapering full time. I now have a total of 13 cloth diapers and 28 inserts, I have only to do laundry of cloth diaper twice a week.

Here are the advantages of cloth diapering :

a. Save costs in the long run - with the initial outlay of a few hundreds, you break even say about 8 months, and then you diaper for free till about 3 years old, when they are fully potty trained. You can then pass on to subsequent children, or use at the same time, especially if you buy one -size diapers that grow with the babies.

b. Environmentally friendly - disposable diapers contain chemicals, and they take thousand years to disintegrate, leaving a lot of waste in the dumps. You throw away, but the rubbish get piled up somewhere, longer than you and me be around.

c. Potty Training faster - as they can feel the sensation of wetness, and will learn to go toilet. Personally, I also believe that infants can be potty train early. I read a book that authors teach their babies to go toilet, they call " elimination communication" (EC) , so for my son, when he is in between changes of diapers, I will let him go shee shee, and before baths, after meals, wake up and before sleeps. These are possible windows to shee shee. He still dislike the potty though.

So if you like to try the cloth diapering please contact me at 94897820.

No comments: